Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Bead Journal Project

Well, I am going to try to commit to this again. It did not go so well in 2008 but I have chosen a 2 1/2 by 2 inch piece of Lacy's Stiff Stuff to bead on so that part will be easy. I won't have to worry about getting through leather, or stitching too tightly on fabric, etc.

For January, I have chosen to leave the background white. I am combining a little bit of Zentangling with my beadwork. I thought about coloring the background but as I have not done any stitching for a while, I thought I'd better KISS (keep it simple, stupid!)

I have found that I have trouble with actually "journaling" anything. It's more a matter of where the beads take me, and there's not too much to analyze, I think. I've never kept a written journal (well, once, for a few months), and whenever I have tried to do the freehand journaling of The Artist's Way, I have not lasted more than a few days.

Maybe some of that will come once the process of stitching gets more comfortable, though that has not been my experience in the past. For that reason, I consider myself more of a "crafter" or "artisan" than an "artist"

Well, gotta get up early to work at the hospital tomorrow. Time to try to sleep. Lately, I have started with a bit of trouble sleeping combined with night sweats (I'm 43), and I fear that perimenopause has started. Since nothing else related to my reproductive organs has been "easy," I am not particularly enthused about this development! :-)


No comments: